Permanent Exhibits

 
rug.JPG

Log Canoe Annie C.

This 1904 log canoe is instrumental in interpreting the Eastern Shore waterman's history. The Annie C. has been a part of the Society's collection since 1995. This oyster boat, built by hand using an adze in 1904 from five pine logs cut down in Sanford, Va., traversed the Chesapeake Bay until the 1960s as a working clam and oyster boat.

Read more

Silver Collection

Come see the Society's entire silver collection now on display. The pieces range from punch bowls and cups to a hailing trumpet and are displayed on the second floor of Ker Place.

 

rug.JPG

Cropper/Wise Room

This exhibit features valuables from Gen. John Cropper and Gov. Henry Wise, such as swords, cannon balls, and more. These gentlemen were two of the Shore's most notable residents.

 

rug.JPG

Ker Place Herb
& Kitchen Garden

This delightful venue, the Ker Place Herb & Kitchen Garden, was created in 2004 and is maintained by the Master Gardeners of the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Visitors will learn how various herbs have been used for both culinary and medical purposes since the 19th century.